Pages

Saturday 27 August 2016

Client Case Study-Elite Cirencester

Lorraine Wright
Elite Health & Fitness
Lorraine Wright Case Study


Losing 13.5lbs in 21 days, Lorraine has done great. Find out how she achieved this below in the interview! Our own writer has also had some great improvements with Elite, and can testify to Lorraine’s commitment.

People need all kinds of support and are at different stages of development. Elite can help those who are fit and wishing to compete, or those who simply want to feel comfortable in their own skin. Sometimes, these people train together and inspire each other. Lorraine however has a multitude of ambitions, including a 90 mile hike! Going towards these goals can only improve her quality of life, and I am certain she can do it. I have trained in sessions with Lorraine and been incredibly impressed. I hope I will be able to make such a dramatic improvement to my results! – Evan Burgess, Cirencester Scene journalist and Elite trainee.

Interview with Lorraine

1. Why does Elite suit you?

A busy working mum of 3, I’ve spent ten years in a senior management role travelling and working crazy hours. It’s been easy to let my fitness and health slip. But now as I approach a milestone age (I will be 50 in 3 birthdays time), I’ve started to realise that there is nothing more important than my health. Previously I have joined slimming clubs (including the two most famous) and I have successfully lost weight. But... I gained it back, with more. I realised I had to do something differently, and Elite fitted that bill.

2. What was the pain point that inspired you to change? Are there any symptoms you would like to improve?

The most recent pain point I can remember was when my mother presented me with her latest set of printed photos. The ‘me’ in the photo wasn’t recognisable. I couldn’t believe how awful I looked. If you avoid full length mirrors and being centre stage in photos for as long as possible, then when you do actually see the cold truth, it can hurt. I want to look good in my clothes, wear the skinny clothes from the bag on top of my wardrobe and feel confident in how I look.

I am overweight with high blood pressure, bursitis in my hip, lower back pain and a poor diet. I am worried that I am heading towards a serious health complaint if I don’t change something fast and sustain it. I need a new way of life that will fit me.

My husband wants to do the Padjelanta Trail next year. North of the Arctic Circle in Sweden, it’s a 90 mile hike. I want to complete the walk in ten days enjoying the challenge and incredible scenery. Now I can walk about 5 miles in one day before my ankles start swelling and I feel tired. I have less than a year to dramatically improve my fitness. How awful would that be if I’m faced with calling the helicopter rescue team?

3. Why did you choose Elite?

Lots of reasons! Initially personal recommendation and then the recommendation was backed up when I read reviews on the website. I was looking for a long term solution and I knew this had to be based on both exercise and nutrition. The fact that Mac is a qualified nutritionist made Elite stand out from the crowd for me.

4. What programme are you on with Elite?

I chose the semi-private programme, which involves two one hour training sessions in the studio, and two sessions for me to do at home. The opening hours allow me to fit this in around work and home life.

I’ve followed Macs trademark 21 day kick start program word for word. It’s easy to understand the logic behind it, and Mac knows this program inside out. Conversations with Mac are fascinating, his knowledge admirable, and the explanations make perfect sense.

5. What has your experience been so far?

I’m being kind to my body. The simple facts are that in 21 days I lost 13.5lb, and 8inches from my hips, waist and bust. My blood pressure dropped dramatically, my body fat % reduced, and my hydration level increased.

However, the real experience has been the change in my approach to being in the studio environment. Not someone naturally at home in a gym, at Elite I am made to feel at home. It’s ok to be a beginner, its ok to be nervous. When the music goes on and you are working away with the other people in the class it feels normal, it feels good.

I’ve learned that everyone (no matter how fit they look) has their own personal challenge and is willing to help and encourage a fellow studio goer. There is a welcoming team spirit at Elite. The ‘secret’ Facebook group is an amazing support network where people freely share their targets, achievements and daily food photos.

The PT’s care about your personal targets and results. This is what they live for. Seeing people go on a journey and helping them along the way gives them a massive boost. So my results provide job satisfaction!

6. Why do you need personal training?


If I am left to my own devices I will do two things – 1. Convince myself that I can’t do it, so I don’t. 2. Give up too easily. Having personal training gives me the confidence to push myself and to try new movements and exercises. The PT’s are so supportive and knowledgeable. They physically correct your position to make sure the exercise is doing what it’s meant to do, and they watch carefully to make adjustments so that I don’t feel uncomfortable.

They’ve even devised a short training programme that I can take on holiday with me so that I can stay on track.

For more info contact David (Mac) Mackinnon, owner of Elite Health & Fitness, first floor Security House. Ciren, GL7 1YD

01285 239283 / 07989 744219
Will you be in the next group picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment