Pages

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Active Krav Maga-Gloucestershire's Most Pragmatic Martial Art?



Drilling with a 'melon' to safely mimic striking a moving target.
ActiveKravMaga-Gloucestershire’s Most Pragmatic Martial Art?
 
What would you do in a dangerous situation? Many people have no idea, but training with Active Krav Maga allows you to have confidence in yourself. Don’t take our word for it.


I've been a police officer for 15 years and have learnt more about practical self defence in a handful of lessons than I have in those 15 years of officer safety training. I've never had to use any of it (touch wood) but my fitness levels and my confidence in dealing with hostile situations has never been higher. It's well worth the 40 minute drive to the classes (I try to go twice a week) and it's something I'll continue with for years to come.”
 
A sense of community increases each time you work the pads!

Imi Lichtenfeld developed Krav Maga for the Israeli Defence Forces. Ever curious, he never considered Krav Maga (Hebrew for contact combat) complete. This built in forward compatibility means people can learn Krav Maga for their circumstances. AKM of Cheltenham and Gloucester welcome people of all abilities. Cirencester resident Laurence had never tried martial arts before, and volunteered to test out AKM.

“My Krav Maga session in Cheltenham was a unique experience for me to come close to what a street fight could be like and learn basic defence moves. These would allow me to move away from armed or unarmed attackers. If you are in any doubt about trying it out, you will build confidence and not be intimidated as training is provided by instructors and reinforced by more advanced students. In my case I trained with Mike and 2 young female members who have achieved in only 2 months impressive simultaneous defensive/offensive manoeuvres and neutralization techniques.”

Laurence investigated a new world with
AKM.
At Active Krav Maga you will learn how to defend against weapon attacks (knife, blunt objects, guns) and unarmed confrontations.

If you're up for a 2 hour Krav Maga intro in Cirencester, contact akm@activekravmaga.co.uk to show your interest. For current times and locations check http://activekravmaga.co.uk/ for more details. To discover more about AKM trial three lessons for £19.99.

1 comment: